Crepes with crème cheese and honey is my favorite breakfast. Many use prepackaged crepe mixes to reduce the preparation time, but seriously, it takes only 20 min to make 20 thin, tasty and HEALTHY crepes from scratch for perfect breakfast. Since early childhood I am making crepes only this way and never had them any better. Here is the secret:
- To make crepes thin and fluffy use beer instead of water. You won’t taste beer flavor in crepes. It will only help to make the melting in your mouth.
- Pour batter in a plastic bottle – it makes the process of cooking crepes very simple and fun.
All you need for perfect 20 crepes:
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (gluten free flour for GF)
- 1 cup beer (any kind) (carbonated mineral water for GF)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- 2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- One plastic bottle 20oz (I use one from Vitamin Water)
*you can add cinnamon, more sugar, cacao, vanilla extract or even green matcha. All kinds of experiments work.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and beer. Sift flour and gradually add in the batter. Add salt, sugar and baking soda, then whisk the batter vigorously for 3 to 5 minutes, so all is thoroughly incorporated. Pour the batter in a plastic bottle and shake well. Let it sit for 10-15 min or put in a fridge for overnight and use it tomorrow morning for fresh quick crepes.
- Heat a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush it with oil (you do it just once). Add 2 table spoons of oil into the bottle with batter and mix (do not shake too much). When the skillet is hot but not smoking, pour batter into the center of the skillet, and rotate it so the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer, pouring out any excess batter. Cook the crepe until it is just golden on one side, 30-45 sec, turn it and cook until it is golden on the other side, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and continue cooking until all of the batter is used.
- If you want different flavors do the following: pour the batter into several plastic bottles adding cinnamon, cacao, vanilla or even peanut butter into each. Make your own signature crepes!
- When crepes are ready, it’s time for perfect breakfast. Add some Apiterra honey on top and enjoy! My favorite toppings are Blueberry and Raspberry flavors. And yours?